Ordering Repeat Prescriptions
You can order a repeat prescription in the following ways:
- Online through the website.
- By posting your request to the practice. If you wish your prescription to be posted back to you, please send a stamped, addressed envelope.
- By visiting the practice.
Some patients may need long-term medication for which a consultation is not needed on every occasion. In such cases your doctor will add that medication to a “Repeat List”. This will allow a set number of repeats to be issued without the need to see the doctor each time.
If you are on repeat medication you will be asked to complete a medication review from time to time this is to make sure that your medication is still effective.
If you are unable to collect your prescription from the surgery the receptionist can arrange for it to be collected and dispensed by a designated chemist.
Alternatively, we can post your prescription to you. Please enclose an SAE when you make the request. Please do not leave your request until you have nearly run out of your medication – allow at least one week before it runs out.
When your prescription will be ready
- Brought to us on Monday – ready on Thursday
- Brought to us on Tuesday – ready on Friday
- Brought to us on Wednesday – ready on Monday
- Brought to us on Thursday – ready on Tuesday
- Brought to us on Friday – ready on Wednesday
You can order your prescriptions and have them delivered to you by using easypharmacy.
The surgery is set up for electronic prescribing. Essentially, this cuts down dispensing time for the pharmacy and the patient should be able to collect their medication earlier.
Once registered patients will inform their pharmacy direct when they need to request a repeat medication. The pharmacy sends an electronic request to the surgery and an electronic signature is sent back. This saves the practice printing requests and are quicker to action as appear in your clinical record rather than the doctor having to add them.